Click on a question below to see the answer provided.
- Which DB Platform is appropriate for my needs?
- Can ProCalV5 be used on an enterprise level as well as by a single user?
- Can ProCalV5 be integrated with other software systems already in place (i.e. CMMS, Document Management, SAP, etc.)?
- Does Prime Technologies operate under an established and proven Quality System?
- Is Prime Technologies open to being audited?
- Is the ProCalV5 Calibration Management Solution 21 CFR - Part 11Compliant?
- What other companies are using ProCalV5?
- Is a ProCal V5 Installation Validatable?
- How does Prime Technologies help make validation of ProCalV5 easier?
- What support services does Prime Technologies offer?
- Does ProCalV5 provide Access Level Security by User? By Group? Are User Group Access Levels customizable?
- Does ProCalV5 support hierarchical relationships between equipment, instruments, loops & systems?
- Can I transfer my existing Calibration Data into ProCalV5?
- Can I use ProCalV5 to automatically schedule my calibration and PM events?
- Will ProCalV5 track ‘As-Found’ and ‘As-Left’ data?
- Can I reference my existing and/or new SOP’s to my calibration records in ProCalV5?
- Can I get ProCalV5 to provide forms & reports that look like my existing forms & reports?
- Does ProCalV5 have optional modules? What are they?
- Which documenting calibrators are supported by ProCalV5?
- How can I use ProCalV5 to capture my calibration data real-time, at the various locations where the calibrations are performed and still maintain the integrity and security of a central database?
- How do I get my organization trained to implement and use ProCalV5?
- How much does ProCalV5 cost?
- If I buy a smaller system, can I upgrade it later to a more robust platform and/or additional user licenses?
- Does Prime Technologies offer optional software support packages? What do they include / cover?
- Can I upgrade my existing ProCalV5 data to that of a newer ProCalV5release?
- What type of Instrumentation will ProCalV5 manage?
- Can ProCalV5 be used for languages other than English?
- Is the ProCalV5 software recognized by the FDA?
- If I purchase ProCalV5, do I have to continually upgrade my software to the latest version?
Which DB Platform is appropriate for my needs?
- MS Access will slow down as the size of the DB increases and is best suited for smaller systems with limited or no need to keep an Audit Trail. There are no hard and fast rules, but the number of concurrent users, number instruments to be managed and the keeping of an audit trail record influence the records generated in the MS Access DB. Consult your IT professional or ProCal sales representative for direction on the use of MS Access, in particular users planning to utilize a validated installation. MS Access however is the least expensive ProCalV5 product at the professional level for initial investment.
MS SQL Server is a cost-effective route to an enterprise level DB solution. Consult your IT professional or ProCal sales representative for specific direction your facility may have for database selection and infrastructure implementation. SQL Server is suitable for large databases, including needs for extensive Audit Trail record keeping. Archiving may be appropriate at some future date and is a standard feature with ProCalV5.
Oracle is the Enterprise level DB solution preferred by many of the world’s largest corporations due to its flexibility, functionality, powerful capabilities and robustness.
Can ProCalV5 be used on an enterprise level as well as by a single user?
- Yes. ProCalV5 systems are available either as stand alone applications or network ready for multiple sites in various locations. Oracle and SQL Server versions are intended to be used at the enterprise level, but can be utilized if required as stand alone systems.
Can ProCalV5 be integrated with other software systems already in place (i.e. CMMS, Document Management, SAP, etc.)?
- Yes, ProCalV5 can be integrated with other software systems. Contact Prime Technologies with your requirements.
Does Prime Technologies operate under an established and proven Quality System?
- Prime Technologies’ Quality System follows the ISO 9002:1994 format. Although Prime Technologies is not ISO Certified, we have been audited and approved by many FDA regulated organizations.
Is Prime Technologies open to being audited?
- Yes. Prime Technologies has been successfully audited many times by some of the largest corporations in the world and we welcome your organization to do the same.
Is the ProCalV5 Calibration Management Solution 21 CFR - Part 11Compliant?
- Yes, please request a copy of the ProCalV5 21 CFR Part 11 compliance Assessment Questionnaire, which describes how ProCalV5 in conjunction with your firm’s Quality and Good Manufacturing Practices program combine to provide Part 11 compliance.
What other companies are using ProCalV5?
- Schering Plough, Sanofi Pasteur, 3M, Bristol Myers-Squibb, Eastman Chemical, Tennessee Valley Authority, Department of Energy, Instrumentation Technical Services, Unilever, University of Pennsylvania and much more!
Is a ProCal V5 Installation Validatable?
- All ProCalV5 products go through extensive internal Quality Validation Testing as a part of its development life cycle. This is Prime Technologies’ assurance to our Customers that the product they receive will work as intended and when combined with a compliant System Validation Process is Validatable.
- Test Scripts can be provided as well. Please contact Prime Technologies for further details on Validation.
How does Prime Technologies help make validation of ProCalV5 easier?
- Prime Technologies provides Validation Test Scripts in a MS Word for you to use directly or re-format, edit and combine with your own testing requirements.
Prime Technologies provides product specific services such as User, Administrator and Configuration Training, Data Migration Planning and Execution, Custom Report Development and Process Workflow Consulting.
Prime Technologies also provides complete Validation Project Management and Execution services for any size system.
What support services does Prime Technologies offer?
- On-site Training and Training Planning and Development for custom implementations,
Configuration and Work Flow Specific Consulting,
Full Project Management,
Installation / On-Site Technical Assistance,
Custom Report Creation,
Mapping and Data Migration Planning,
Technical Document Development,
Custom Software Development
Does ProCalV5 provide Access Level Security by User? By Group? Are User Group Access Levels customizable?
- ProCalV5 provides User Access security on an individual user basis associated with unlimited fully customizable User Groups that you can define that can limit access to record types to no access, read only, add/modify or delete.
Does ProCalV5 support hierarchical relationships between equipment, instruments, loops & systems?
- The ProCalV5 application allows the user to build an unlimited number and variety of hierarchical relationships within the system involving equipment, instruments, loops & systems.
Can I transfer my existing Calibration Data into ProCalV5?
- ProCalV5 comes with a Data Conversion Utility for migrating existing ProCalV5 databases into the latest version of ProCalV5 making it seemless for users to keep their ProCalV5 systems up-to-date
- Prime Technologies does also offer a comprehensive set of Data Migration services in which we can migrate your data from most any legacy system(s) into ProCalV5. Services range from simple Conversion Program Development to a complete effort including a Data Migration Plan, Requirements Development, Conversion Program Development, Execution and Data Verification for Validation purposes. Contact Prime Technologies for further information.
Can I use ProCalV5 to automatically schedule my calibration and PM events?
- Yes. Many ProCalV5 users begin by implementing the Automatic Scheduling capabilities of ProCalV5 and bring in more advanced functionality as they become comfortable with an automated Calibration & PM Management workflow.
Will ProCalV5 track ‘As-Found’ and ‘As-Left’ data?
- ProCalV5 Calibration Management capabilities begin with tracking basic ‘As-Found’ and ‘As-Left’ data and advance to automatic Out of Tolerance and Control Limit calculations. Tracking Vendors, Manufacturers and Installation data for the Instrument, System and Test Instrument, alerts, queries, running reports and more are all available with the standard application.
Can I reference my existing and/or new SOP’s to my calibration records in ProCalV5?
- SOP’s and other documents can be tracked, referenced to and accessed from any Item record within ProCalV5.
Can I get ProCalV5 to provide forms & reports that look like my existing forms & reports?
- ProCalV5 utilizes Seagate Crystal Reports to generate our extensive repertoire of Standard Reports and almost any custom report you need. Prime Technologies offers a very reasonable Custom Report Development service or you can utilize your own Seagate resources to implement and customize your own reports.
Does ProCalV5 have optional modules? What are they?
- Email Utility
Planned Maintenance & Work Order Module
- Communicated Reminders & Alerts via email
Field Calibrator Utility
- Supports other planned maintenance tasks, overlapping schedules, unplanned maintenance requests and work order management
- Interface between your Documenting Process Calibrator & ProCal software solutions
- Allow for full remote paperless calibrations
- IQ OQ & PQ Test Scripts for Validation
Test Type Packages
- Support flexible bi-directional interface with other applications
- Perform calibration procedures involving complex algorithms and obtain automatic Pass/Fail Results
Training Management Module
- Complete HART Communication Software
- Qualify and Train your end users and management through our intuitive training module
- QuickBooks Invoicing Utility
- Efficiently manage your calibration services and invoicing with our convenient invoicing utility
Which documenting calibrators are supported by ProCalV5?
- Currently, ProCalV5 supports:
Fluke - 743B and 744
Transmation - QuikCal 195
Druck - MCX-II, TRX-II, DPI605, and DPI 615
Martel/Beta -Beta Hathaway BetaGauge II, BetaFLEX, MasterCAL 922
Beta 990 (uses Fluke driver)
Meriam - MFT-4000 Series (tested with 4011)
Beamex - MC5, MC3 (if licensed by Beamex only)
Yokogawa - YPC-4000
Other calibrator drivers that implement the FCINTF (Field Calibrator Interface) interface are also compatible. Contact us for the most up to date information.
How can I use ProCalV5 to capture my calibration data real-time, at the various locations where the calibrations are performed and still maintain the integrity and security of a central database?
- ProCalV5 can be supplied with the optional Mobile Workstation that allows downloading Work Assignment to a laptop ProCalV5 Access Mobile Workstation Environment. The Mobile Workstation can then be used anywhere to complete the assignment and then the modified data imported to the Production Database with appropriate controls.
ProCalV5 can be provided with an optional Self-Documenting Calibrator Utility for connection to many Smart Calibrator devices for direct capture and upload of Calibration Data.
ProCalV5 can be used via a wireless connection to the Production Database network for direct wireless entry of local fieldwork assignment data into the Production Database.
How do I get my organization trained to implement and use ProCalV5?
- Prime Technologies provides complete ProCal training either at your facility, in our training facility or via the internet. Depending on the number of user’s involved, budgetary requirements and other factors, training can be fully suited and accommodated to meet business objectives.
- For training questions or pricing, please contact Prime Technologies.
How much does ProCalV5 cost?
- Solutions start with single concurrent user MS Access versions for just $995! Contact Prime Technologies for complete details and product offerings.
If I buy a smaller system, can I upgrade it later to a more robust platform and/or additional user licenses?
- Yes, any ProCalV5 system may be upgraded to a larger or more robust system at any time, no questions asked. Additionally, your records will be automatically converted to your new system.
Does Prime Technologies offer optional software support packages? What do they include / cover?
- Prime Technologies offers three levels of optional Support Agreements for ProCalV5:
Level I, II and III Support includes:
• Start-up Telephone Consultation,
• De-bug / error correction,
• Telephone Operation and Maintenance Support,
Level II and III Support also includes free Upgrades & Enhancements within your version of ProCalV5 and Options,
Level III Support includes free Escrow Service of the source code for your version of ProCalV5 and Options
Can I upgrade my existing ProCalV5 data to that of a newer ProCalV5release?
- Yes, Prime Technologies includes a Universal Conversion Program with all ProCalV5 upgrades.
What type of Instrumentation will ProCalV5 manage?
- ProCalV5 will manage just about any type of instrumentation you have! Anything from process controls, analytical and laboratory devices, test and measurement standards and much more can be managed with ProCalV5 and ProCalLE. Contact Prime Technologies today to learn more about the powerful functionality ProCal offers.
- ProCalLE will manage up to 1,000 assets for your organization. This presents your organization with a scalable and economical entry level solution. At any time, any user of ProCalLE may upgrade to ProCalV5 where they can manage an unlimited number of instruments. Your records will be automatically converted to the upgraded system as well.
Can ProCalV5 be used for languages other than English?
- Yes! Through our convenient labels editor, any user of the ProCalV5 system can re-label the majority of the program to suit their language requirements. For examples or more information, please contact Prime Technologies!
Is the ProCalV5 software recognized by the FDA?
- ProCalV5 is used internationally by many life sciences companies with the purpose of achieving FDA and 21CFR Part 11 compliance. Many ProCalV5 users have been successfully audited by the FDA. References can be provided. The FDA DOES NOT sponsor, support, promote or advertise ANY commercial product. Claims by any organization or company to this effect are false and misleading.
If I purchase ProCalV5, do I have to continually upgrade my software to the latest version?
- No! Upgrading your software to the latest release of ProCalV5 is entirely optional. All ProCalV5 customers with current Support & Maintenance Agreements are notified that a new release is available. That release is provided at no additional charge and your records will be automatically converted to the latest release.
- All releases of our ProCal represent enhancements and upgrades to our product to keep ProCal as the leader in Calibration & Maintenance Management Software. A list of the enhancements of upgrades to the software are available for review to our customers. Contact Prime Technologies today for more information!
To Request More Information Click Here!